Monday, September 15, 2014

UNTITLED!
            I have a friend who has been telling me her worries these past days. She has been suffering from depression and emotional pain. I asked her why, and then she told me.
            She has this boyfriend of hers, and by that time then, she had been receiving lots of negative feedbacks from different people she had never met and never known. According to her, those people are friends of his boyfriends’ ex-girlfriend. I asked her, “Why are they doing this to you?” Then she said, “Her ex- girlfriend has been gossiping her friends that I stole her boyfriend but I didn’t do it, why would I?  then it all started there, I may not have the assurance that it was the story that she had been telling her friends but based on the comments and statements they have been posting in Facebook, it is”.
            “At first, I just ignored them even if they are going beyond limitation, they’re so exaggerated! I remained so silent. Every day was like that, they kept bugging me, mocking me and throwing me bad names. I was so depressed and pained. I know it’s only a simple and little issue that doesn’t even deserve even a shed of my life. But then, I am a weak and emotional person who can’t handle emotions I have. I felt bullied. The mere fact that they have been telling that I am a bitch, a boyfriend snatcher, there was even this comment which says “Pokpok ang pota, patira ka pa bitch”, mang-aagaw and so on. I was so pained, first because it seems like they have been accusing me of crime I haven’t committed. Second, I was in the wrong judgment and third, it’s not my personality. This issue even let me so down. I’m even in suicidal thoughts then. I was asking myself, why do they react that way? As if, I have done a big mistake that brought them down. Just like, what the eff? But even so, I still ignored. But at some point, I realized I should’ve fight for myself. And so, I did! But of course, in the right way. I didn’t threat them, I just warned them. And that day on, I haven’t receiving any side comments anymore and I felt peace in my heart and my mind”.
            Her story maybe shallow for some, but it make sense. She said she felt bullied, and I know, lots of people have undergone this, but in different circumstances. We may have the freedom with everything in this country, but it shouldn’t be applied in all things. We should always be considerate to people, whether you know them well or not, their feelings, their emotion, their situation, in general their personality.
            Also, we should use social media in a right way, it should be for improvement of ones’ self and not for the destruction of anyone. Social media and social networking sites are tools for bridging the gap to anyone. It’s been used to reach people from different places, keeps relationship intact and keeping connected to people. But then, because of misuse and abuse of freedom, it therefore destroys people.

            

No comments:

Post a Comment